Saturday, June 19, 2010

So, the first week of camp has come and gone. Last year during my two week stay in Clarkston, the 3rd and 4th graders I worked with almost gave me an aneurism. But so far, the kids have been angels compared to what I witnessed last year. For the most part, they have been respectful to the leaders and to each other. It has been incredible. The only incident I know of involves one boy who has already been in two fights. He received a 2 day suspension from camp. We hope and pray that the suspension helps him realize his potential to do what is good and right.


Also, the academic portion of camp that I lead for the middle school has gone off with almost no hitches. The majority of the campers seem engaged and interested in their work. I’m sure it won’t be this easy from here on out, but it was nice to have the first week run smoothly on so many different levels.


Thank you all for your prayers and support. Hopefully I will be able to obtain some camp pictures from friends and share them with you.

-Justin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Beauty is a Riddle.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.