Monday, March 5, 2012

Dear family and friends,

To serve through the avenue of Missions is a way one abides, remains, or continues on in their love of God.  As they serve, by the Grace of God, they reflect more and more the Image originally intended for them.

“…and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit…Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in me.”  (John 15:2, 4)

            This summer I am working for an organization called Wonder Voyage. Wonder Voyage is a non-profit, ecumenical, pilgrimage organization. Throughout the year, they lead mission trips and pilgrimages for youth groups and adults from over 14 different denominational backgrounds. Their philosophy is for pilgrims to experience the wonder of God’s presence, to dedicate selves to listening, learning, praying, and playing, and to give them the opportunity to serve on a specific mission defined by their leadership (Wonder Voyage Website).
I will be volunteering on two different trips. From June 16-22, I will be serving on a trip to Oregon, and from June 25-July 2, I will be serving on a trip to Belize. The total cost of both trips is $1800. 
I am raising support two ways. One way is through the traditional mission trip fundraising model which asks others to prayerfully consider giving their money to a cause they believe in. The other way is through the selling of coffee. If you would like, you can purchase a pound of coffee from me for $12.95. $4.00 of every pound sold will help fund my trips, while the other $8.95 goes to overseas missions, a church planting initiative in the U.S., and ministry to the broken, downtrodden, and the poor in the U.S. Each pound of coffee will be labeled individually for my trips so that as the coffee sits on your countertop, you will be reminded to pray for the students and leaders on the trips.
I humbly ask you to consider one or both of the options above. If you would like to partner with me by way of a “lump sum,” please send a check, written out to Wonder Voyage with my name in the “memo” line, to:  

Wonder Voyage
P.O. Box 2135
Coppell, TX 75019

If you would like to partner with me by purchasing a pound (or two or three) of “Justin McGee Mission Trip Coffee,” please fill out this quick and easy order form. http://tinyurl.com/7ovw6b3As soon as I process it, I will send you an email confirming your order.


The first coffee pickup/delivery day will be Saturday, April 14th! Please place your orders with me through the order form above by Sunday, April 1st so I can let my coffee suppliers at Phoenix Community Coffee know the exact amount of coffee to pack. More information can be found on the order form.

            As much as I need money for these trips, I desperately need your prayers. Without the strength, power, and energy that emanates from the prayers of His people, my ability to lead and serve would suffer. Please lift up Wonder Voyage and the pilgrims as we serve and experience God through the mode of pilgrimage.

Through His Grace,

Justin McGee


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Beauty is a Riddle.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.